Connect with us

New York Mets

Mets Interested In Jose Bautista

Published

on

The New York Mets are reportedly interested in the recently released Jose Bautista, according to the New York Post’s Mike Puma.

Bautista was released by the Atlanta Braves on Sunday as they turned to Johan Camargo as their everday third baseman.

Bautista, who once once a feared power hitter for the Toronto Blue Jays, struggled during his short stint, a total of 12 games, for the Braves this season, hitting a putrid .143/.250/.343 with 2 homers and 5 rbis.

Bautista could add some veteran depth at the hot corner for the Mets, if he is added.

National League

Mets Sign Ervin Santana

Published

on

The New York Mets have announced that they have come to terms with veteran right-hander Ervin Santana on a minor league contract.

The deal, which is pending a physical, will see Santana head to Port St. Lucie to being working towards his return to the majors.

Santana, 36, missed the majority of the 2018 season after undergoing surgery to repair a tendon in his right middle finger prior to the start of Spring Training, and leading the Minnesota Twins, his then-team, to decline a $14 million option on him back in November of 2018.

Prior to last season, Santana was a solid fixture in the Twins starting rotation for three seasons.

Continue Reading

Featured

deGrom Tommy John Scare Apparently Over For Mets

Published

on

Mets superstar Jacob deGrom feels better after his Tommy John scare yesterday (NESN).

The New York Mets made an announcement on Friday that surely had baseball fans in Queens screaming and running around in circles.

The team’s golden goose Jacob deGrom, the National League’s reigning Cy Young winner, was scratched from his scheduled start on Saturday against the Cardinals in St. Louis. Manager Mickey Callaway then stated his ace would placed on the 10-day disabled list and undergo an MRI on his right elbow after it was reportedly “barking” after a Friday bullpen session.

However, the Mets have apparently backed down from DEFCON 1, as deGrom threw today in the outfield at New Busch Stadium and told the media afterwards that he felt okay.

“It’s just a little sore,” he said to ESPN. deGrom has been experiencing illness and recent weeks and went on to attribute that to the discomfort in his arm, stating he decided it was better to be safe than sorry.

“I had been sick since Atlanta and kinda had a whole-body soreness. For me when I don’t throw, it seems that things pop up and I wasn’t on a normal routine. I was trying to just get enough in to be able to make my start and I felt a little soreness in my elbow. I decided to say something and talked it over with Mickey and [Mets pitching coach] Dave [Eiland].

Fans across baseball knew exactly what the Mets were getting at when the news broke. When coupled together, “T” and “J” are the two most infamous letters in the game, and it looked like the notorious operation was stalking its most high-profile victim in years.

deGrom has already undergone Tommy John surgery in once before, but that was back in 2010 when he was in the rookie class Appalachian League. Nine years later he’s the best pitcher in baseball, and it would be a horrible shame to see his meteoric momentum halted so abruptly.

It remains to be seen if deGrom will miss a prolonged period of time, or if there is actual damage to his elbow, but Mets fans can let out a sigh of relief and breathe easy, at least for the time being.

Continue Reading

National League

Mets Activate Travis d’Arnaud, Option Tomas Nido

Published

on

The New York Mets have activated veteran catcher Travis d’Arnaud from the 10-day injured list, according to a team announcement.

In a corresponding move, the Mets have optioned catcher Tomas Nido to Triple-A Syracuse.

d’Arnaud has struggled with injuries and will take the field for the firs time in almost a year, following season-ending Tommy John surgery on his right elbow last April.`

Continue Reading

Trending